Notifications
Clear all

Brand new and preparing for next year  

RSS
David Blair

My name is David Blair, I live in Oregon and will be setting up my first hives in the spring. I've just started the Apprenticeship Beekeeping program with Oregon State University.  I look forward to learning from all of you.

David

Posted : 07/08/2018 9:03 pm
David Blair

I have a brother in law that lives very close to Beemaniacs store. Should be an easy transition getting the new bees picked up next spring. Only about 5 hours after getting them loaded.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2018 9:09 pm
BM Staff
Member Admin

Hi David,

Great to hear that you are taking your time to learn about bees before actually having bees. That's a more relaxed way to start beekeeping.

We have some members that got a swarm in their property and decided to give them a home, but usually, that's a more stressful approach. There's a lot to know about bees and if anyone tries to learn everything at once, it's overwhelming.

By the way, if you are buying the bees or material to take to Oregon (to be used out of WA State) you may take advantage of a WA Sales tax exemption:

https://beemaniacs.com/knowledge-base/wa-sales-tax-exemptions-for-beemaniacs-store/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/08/2018 9:40 am
Share: