Bee Squad Varroa Mite Testing Kit
Developed by the University of Minnesota’s own Bee Squad, this test kit makes it easier for beekeepers to monitor varroa mite levels in their colonies. Everything you need to perform a powered sugar roll test is in one convenient tub!
- Plastic tub for collecting the bee sample and displaying mites for counting
- Plastic scoop with a 100 ml mark to help you collect 300 bees (standard sample size)
- Glass jar with a mesh screen for separating the bees from the mites
- 1 lb of powdered sugar
- Plastic bottle for water to dissolve the sugar in order to see the mites clearly
- Brochure with instructions